Tuesday, December 4, 2007

New podcast + playing this weekend

Well this post should be just enough to keep the blog ticking over?

I have received my new old CD player, a Denon 2000F Mk2, which is really from the dawn of the age of CD mixing but it works great (it seems to be temperamental on the odd CD but plays many scratched/burnt CDs). The buttons are rubber, which I dislike, but its instant start is instant, and making adjustments using pitch bend buttons (as opposed to a wheel, or touching the edge of a spinning record) seems to result in good mixes.

Fascinating stuff.

Anyway, here's the tracklist:
  1. Nick Holder ft. Jemini - No More Dating DJs (John Ciafone vocal mix) [NRK Sound Division]
  2. Freeform Five - Perspex Sex (Ewan Pearson's Hi-NRG remix) [Studio !K7]
  3. Chuck Love - Still Funky (Acid Noodle remix) [Om]
  4. Iz & Diz - Magnificent (Justin Martin's No Heart & Soul remix) [Om]
  5. Ben Mono - Beatbox (Jesse Rose remix) [Compost Records]
  6. Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler (Jesse Rose remix) [Wichita]
  7. Dragonette - I Get Around (Van She vocal mix) [Mercury]


The mix can be downloaded directly from here or you can tune in/subscribe to get the past and present casts:
feed://www.gcast.com/u/haszari/main.xml

GCast are doing the hosting, and don't insert ads. Their interface is extremely rudimentary and it seemed to lose my tracklist/show description. Still, debatably better than silly ads and semi-social networking which is what you get at podshow.

Also I am playing this Friday and Saturday, at Bath St and Pop, so it's going to be a big weekend what with lots of people graduating.

Haszari @ Bath St Friday 7th December


Acknowledgements to mishtanegativity for collecting the Denon, fiddling with it and verifying its integrity for me, as well as storing it for a lil while.

2 comments:

MishtaNegativity said...

do you make your own fliers? If so are you allowed to make them however you want or does The Man oppress you with rules?

Haszari said...

Yesm, I do. I am allowed to make em any way I like.

BUT ONE TIME I was gonna call a night "Grit" and The Person (OK yes a man) slapped that one right back.

Always keen for someone else to make me a poster.